Monday, June 11, 2007

Seeing Red

I'm seeing red this morning. Not because I'm angry. Because my 1 year old got his pudgy little hands on one of his big brother's red markers. So perhaps "Caught Red Handed" would have been a wittier title...?

I was just getting ready to feed Logan his cereal, when he crawled into the room....looking like this. Hint: the red looks so much more vibrant if you click on the photos to get an enlarged view!



And his brand spanking new birthday shorts were looking like this.



After frantically searching for the source of the red stains, we found the culprit hiding amongst the mess of toys currently on our floor(don't judge...it was a busy weekend!).



We are usually very good at making sure that all of Zander's crayons and markers are well out of Logan's reach. It seems with all of the birthday madness this weekend, a single red marker managed to elude us. You would think I would have heeded the warning of Queen Heather's carpet incident. Well...the lesson is definitely learned now.

Fortunately for us and Logan's new shorts, it was a washable marker. The boy has been washed off, the shorts have been scrubbed, and I am happy to tell you that the only reminder of this marker fiasco is the unnaturally pink palm of Logan's right hand. Other than that, all traces of red are gone.

If only the red on Logan's face was washable too....unfortunately eczema doesn't wipe off so easily.

add to sk*rt

5 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh my! That shot of his red hands is priceless!

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

That is just too cute. And of course, I say this only because it didn't happen to me!

Anonymous said...

So cute! It is like they have a radar for finding things that they aren't supposed to have.

Cooper has eczema (sp?) on his face too - right on his nose. It just won't go away.

Adorable pics!

Lainey-Paney said...

that red hand...omg.
too cute!


Changing subject, but kind of related b/c I saw eczema on your child's face...
You're bald. Is it alopecia?
Because, I have AA, and my son has eczema too.
I read somewhere (like I could remember where...) that they've determined a genetic link with parents who have alopecia, and their children having other AI diseases such as eczema.

Anyway...we can chat about it if you want to.

Sarahviz said...

Gotta LOVE the Crayola washable markers!