Friday, April 20, 2007

I Think & I Blog, Therefore I Get An Award!


Sara from Suburban Oblivion recently bestowed a Thinking Blogger Award on me. Is it well deserved? I'm not sure. But I will accept it, and all the accolades that come with receiving such a prestigious award (yes, I'm currently standing in the middle of my living room, bowing before a myriad of tripping hazards stuffed animals and assorted electronic educational noisemakers toys), if only to lift my spirits after two weeks of crappy happenings! I'm giddy with pride (teehee!), and still blushing from reading all the lovely things she wrote about me in her post (cheque's in the mail, Sara!).

When I read that Sara, herself, had been given this award by a fellow-blogger, I thought "good for her". She definitely deserves it! Her blog sucked me in the first time I read it. She has an extremely honest style of writing that I just L-O-V-E. She makes me laugh on a regular basis, which is good for the soul. And I can identify with her in her posts about mommyhood.

As I humbly accept this award, I take on the task that comes with it. I must now bestow this most prestigious of awards on 5 other deserving bloggers.

I, like Sara, have instead decided to pass this award on to one über-deserving woman. Karla from Untangling Knots. I have written about her in the past. She inspired me to start my own blog, and continues to be an inspiration to me and so many others. She writes honestly and freely, holding nothing back. And man, is she witty! I have the utmost respect for her. I do hope she accepts this award...she truly deserves it! Check out her blog...she's an absolutely amazing woman!

add to sk*rt

1 comment:

karla said...

Cate - your (totally unwarranted) thoughtfulness makes me blush.

Seriously.

Thank you for thinking of me in such a kind way. I most humbly accept your award. :)

Lets see if I have a thinking blogger worthy post after Home Depot finishes with my ceiling today! They are due to arrive any minute now. You are so right about how they contract to someone who contracts to someone else until the communication cycle gets so confusing my head feels like it will explode.

I hope you had a great weekend. The weather here was fantastic – hope you got some of that sunshine and were able to enjoy it.