Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Pondering The Potty Purchase

Thanks to all of your wonderful advice, we have a plan of attack for this whole potty training thing. I'm actually quite excited about it...although I'm sure that excitement will soon turn to exasperation. So I'm holding on to this feeling for dear life.

After searching through the myriad of potty solutions available, we believe we have made a decision. The Boon Potty Bench.



It's as bare-bones and sans-bells-and-whistles (literally....no bells, no whistles, no flushing sounds, no songs...this is a silent potty) as you can get and still be loaded with features. Since we are living in a tiny minuscule walls-are-closing-in-on-me small townhouse, the fact that this thing has storage and can be used as a step stool is great. It is also one of the only potties we saw that is actually big enough for Logan's chubby, wider-than-most little bottom...we're thinking to the future here. Don't get me wrong...I love my chubby boy wildly, but let's be honest...kid's got junk in the trunk.

Now, if anyone has reason for us not to go with this potty, my ears and eyes are open to reviews/comments....both good and bad. I hold mom-bloggy opinions in very high esteem.

So barring any horrifically bad comments about the potty bench, we will probably be getting it soon so that we can familiarize Zander with it before the training begins. And then....well...expect many a poop story in the future.

Let the poop fly!

add to sk*rt

3 comments:

Christy said...

I am terrified of potty training. It took me months and months and months to teach my daughter to clap. So, I figure potty training will take roughly 7 years.

Good luck on your adventure. Let us know if your boy likes the bench.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I would check out Amazon.com. There's reviews from people who've purchased it before. Plus they have free shipping on that product.

Good luck!

Heather said...

Whoa. That looks like a potty that belongs on the space station or something.

Is there such a thing as a nice looking pooping receptacle though? 'Oh, look at the beautiful shit-receiver.'

Nah, I'm not feeling it.

But there are no bells, whistles or songs and that's always a plus in the poop department! You don't want some old machine showing up your yay-for-poop cheerleading skillz now do you?