Saturday, September 8, 2007

Coming Soon To A Browser Near You!

I started this blog on January 1st, 2007. I have changed a lot since then.

My diagnosis of Post Partum Depression in April initiated many of those changes. It was inevitably, really.

I realized a few months ago that the title of my blog, "A Beautiful Life", was bothering me. Not that I don't have a beautiful life...my husband is amazing, and more patient than I think I deserve sometimes. And have you seen my boys? They are my universe.

But sometimes my life isn't so "Beautiful". Sometimes it's downright shitty.

I guess I felt/feel like I named this blog at a time when my eyes weren't fully open to what my life was really like. Or maybe I named it "A Beautiful Life" in hopes that it would somehow transform my life into the "Beautiful Life" I eluded to in the title, or I was deluded enough to think everything was hunky-dory.

Either way, it's just not me.

I also need to get the fuck away from Blogger! As you all know, I've had my share of problems here. In fact, as I was trying to link back to my "Diagnosis: Depression" post in the previous sentence, Blogger laughed in my face and said "I don't think so, bitch! Bwa ha ha ha!". Frankly, I'm sick of it.

The last straw was last week when I realized that the post I published in mid-July about the birth of my brother's baby boy was gone. That's right...Blogger has eaten the post announcing the birth of my beautiful nephew, my brother's first son...the post I so lovingly wrote, complete with delicious newborn-baby-boy pictures. Gone....vanished into the Blogosphere, never to be read again.

Not happy.

So I am almost done creating my new blog over at Wordpress...brand spankin' new title and all. It will be a blog where I can be more honest...more myself...a blog where I won't feel the need to try to live up to a title like "A Beautiful Life". A blog where my posts won't disappear into thin air (I will be re-posting the birth announcement of my nephew once I move over to my new place!).

I just have some last minute tweaks to do, which I will hopefully be able to get done today. If all goes well, tomorrow will be the world premiere of Cate's new blog. A better blog.

Stay tuned....

add to sk*rt

4 comments:

Bananas said...

ooh... very exciting! Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Another Wordpress convert. I can hardly wait to see the new digs.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I'm so excited to see it!

moosh in indy. said...

Wordpress is creme brulee to bloggers twinkie.