Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I Still Manage To Impress

Hubby made dinner last night. We had our first corn-on-the-cob of the season. It was delicious. Of course, it wouldn't be dinnertime in our house without shenanigans and goings-on!


hubby: (as I'm about to take my first bite from the cob) I hope it's completely cooked...I boiled them for 5 minutes.

me: 5 minutes should do it. (I take a bite, pretending it's still raw)

hubby: (looking slightly deflated) I guess 5 minutes isn't enough....?

me: Just kidding! Ha! (I take a bite of corn with a wink and a mischievous grin) Mmmm...delicious and cooked to perfection!

hubby: I can't believe you just did that! I totally couldn't tell that you were pretending!

me: (saying with just a pinch of cockiness) I am an actress!

Zander: (turning towards me, a look of amazement and adoration on his face) Oh, WOW!


I'm so glad that I still manage to impress my 2 year-old son. Hopefully that will last...

add to sk*rt

2 comments:

Bananas said...

Lucky you... those actress skills can come in handy when you're a mom!!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

That's priceless! I love it when Emma looks at me with that look of mild adoration in her eyes.

Today I earned it by letting her play with some silly putty. I love how easily pleased they are at this age!