Sunday, September 2, 2007

There's A New Sheriff In Town

There's a new sheriff in town, and his name would be Zander. He's tough, he's not always fair and he takes no prisoners.

You see, my dear little Zander has learned a new phrase...from who, I'm sure I have no idea! This phrase would be "Stop Logan, NOW!"...although he does mix it up now and then with a "Logan Stop NOW!" or a "Stop Logan! Stop NOW!". But one thing you can count on, it is screamed from the depths of his little lungs every time, with extra special emphasis on "NOW!".

Nice!

So yesterday Zander was busy putting together his little Thomas train track...which he always does with his trusty plastic hammer, just to make sure the joints are "rea' toit!" (translation: real tight). As usual, as soon as Logan saw what Zander was doing he made his way over to promptly destroy what Zander had worked so diligently to create...making sure it was "rea' toit!", of course.

And then, it came...like thunder, his voice booming in a way that I had not heard before, "Rogan, stop! NOW!". I found it very hard not to laugh my ass off...but being the model of self control that I am [snicker], I kept a completely straight face.

Today, it has become clear that he's just making up the law to suit his fancy. Zander was sitting at the dining room table drawing when he noticed that Logan was crawling towards him. "Stop, Rogan! Stop NOW!". Did I mention that Logan was still about 8 feet away from him?

This must be some new proximity bi-law that I am not aware of.

I have submitted a formal request to Sheriff Zander, asking to be kept apprised of any amendments and/or additions to the current Laws of the House, so that I may do my best to stay on his good side.

add to sk*rt

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I need to send my son over, maybe the sheriff can straighten him out, NOW!!!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Maybe it's better that we live on opposite sides of the country after all. Combine Emma and Zander and the results could be cataclysmic!

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Send the sheriff this way!

Lainey-Paney said...

Yes, Baby Gage also learned to use the word, "NOW".

This morning, he said: "Shoes on, Mommy. Shoes on NOW!"
So of course, I stopped blow drying my hair & put his shoes on him....