Tuesday, July 3, 2007

In My Absence

I have been away from the Blogosphere for a bit. Actually, I pretty much dropped of the bloggy scene all together. In order to get everyone caught up, here is a list of what has transpired during my absence:



My wonderful husband gave me 7 days of birthday....gifts every day for a week. Talk about earning points!

Logan popped out a tooth on top, and has three more coming through at the same time. They will probably all be out within a week...poor little guy!

Zander got a haircut...his second one...

My mother came by train to stay with us
again to watch the kids so that we could actually get some work done on the house.

Logan got the mother of all fat lips
(his first one...what a milestone...) when he tried to climb over a jumbo pack of paper towels...instead of making it safely over the plastic-wrapped pack of 6 jumbo rolls of paper towels, he slammed his face into the wood floor...not good...

This is how his lip looked right after it happened.
The next day, it looked like he'd had collagen injections overnight, and was wearing lipstick!



The following day Zander decided he wanted a fat lip like his little brother, so he got himself one to match. Fortunately Zander heals much quicker than Logan, 'cause it was a doozy!

We went to a parent group (the first of 5 sessions) at CHEO, the local children's hospital, for Zander's eating "disorder"...scary, but nice to know we aren't the only ones with a 2 year old who is still on formula and pureed fruits and vegetables...more on that later...

Logan stood without holding onto anything for support for the first time.

My dad came to visit and to pick up my mom.

Zander counted from 1 to 10 for the first time. He counted the bolts that came out of a spare bed that Carlos and my dad took apart.

Logan climbed the stairs all the way to the second floor for the first time...he kept looking back at us with a big grin as if to say "Look mom...I'm doing it!"...too cute!

My mom and dad went home with a shit-load of stuff that we purged and gave to them and/or my brother and his wife....our house seems a little less cluttered now.

My in-laws came over to help us with the jungle backyard...looks fantastic!

My parents celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary on July 1st, which is Canada Day! (Happy anniversary mom and dad!) When I was little, my dad used to tell my brother and I that the fireworks were for their anniversary. And we were so convinced! Man, was I embarrassed when one of my little friends told me the truth...I was teased relentlessly...thanks a lot, dad...ya big joker!

Logan was finally moved from our bedroom to his very own bedroom....and he sleeps better in there than he ever did in our room (except when he slept in bed with us). Woohoo! Mommy and daddy have their room back!

I think that's it. If I think of anything else, I'll let ya know!

It's good to be back! Now that I've caught up on my own blog...I have to catch up on your blogs...hopefully it will only take a couple of weeks to catch up! ;-)

add to sk*rt

9 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

When I came back to blogging after a weekend away - 80 posts awaited me on my feed reader. Ack!

Of all that you wrote, what hit home to me most is...reclaimed bedroom! Yippee! Congrats!

Karen said...

Whew. I thought it was me! I found your blog (I believe through Absolute Bananas) and then all of a sudden there were no new posts in like...forever! I thought me coming to visit scared you away! ;)

Glad to hear all is well....busy, but well!

moosh in indy. said...

It's all such normal everyday stuff to a lot of people, but all those things are big deals!
Welcome back.

J. A. Blackburn said...

7 days of birthday. that is unthinkably nice. I am going to casually mention it to Jay. Ok, who am I kidding, I'd be lucky to get ONE DAY out of him. Glad you had such a great gift though! And that you are possibly actually getting more sleep... hurray! Now the trick is to KEEP him in his own bed (we're still working on that one!)

Anonymous said...

What is with them wanting to do things together?? My boys got their first bee stings the same day within 2 hours of each other!

Megan : Velveteen Mind said...

I think we are living the same life. Seriously.

First tooth. Check. Bruised baby faces. Check. First successful standing attempts. Check. Dads that lie so convincingly that we never catch on until it's too late. Check. Being so behind on blog reading that I may never catch up, and therefore miss out on all of Cate's good posts. Check.

Have a wonderful week, babe!

Anonymous said...

Oh counting the bolts with your Dad, I so wish my son could have an experience like that. My father -in- law isn't like that.

Sounds like a great week! Glad to have you back.

Heather said...

Whoo dawdy, you've been one busy girl!

Brillig said...

Oh, that's an awful lot going on! But I'm glad to see you back!!! And 7 days of birthday? Wow. I suppose that begins to compensate for toddler eating disorders... sorta. Yikes.