Friday, July 6, 2007

Flying High

That's right....it's after midnight, and I'm flying high....not because the Zander situation has suddenly and miraculously righted itself, although we have made progress.

He didn't have anything but a couple of spoonfuls of pureed fruit and some formula for lunch, but dinner was better. We put nothing pureed in front of him...just whole cooked veggies. There were green beans, peas & carrots, corn, and some steak. We put butter on all of the veggies since he really likes butter on his toast and likes salty things. And if it helps him gain a little weight, all the better. He played in it. He touched his food. He touched his food! This probably doesn't sound like a big deal, but for someone like Zander it's huge. His hands were greasy with melted butter, and he licked some of it off. He's never done this before. By the end of dinner he had eaten 3 pieces of green beans, part of a kernel of corn and fed himself a yogurt cup. Major progress!

But that's not why I'm flying. I'm flying because...well...I believe I'm high. You see, I am currently painting the nasty-ass 80's tile back splash in the kitchen. And of course since it's ceramic tile, it has to be primed before it is painted. Primed with something that will stick to a non-porous surface such as ceramic tile.

I'm using Zinsser B.I.N primer. It sticks to anything. Even glass. And I'm pretty sure it's laced with some sort of airborne LSD or PCP. I'm high as a kite. Perhaps the area I am working in is not ventilated well enough....maybe because my kitchen is so friggin' small and closed in!?!

Anyway, I'm starting to come down now...guess the ride is over. Too bad...I was starting to enjoy it....;-)

*** Stay tuned for before and after pics of my kitchen facelift. ***

add to sk*rt

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why am I having the sudden urge to repaint my kitchen???? ;)

Glad to hear about dinner!!!!

Brillig said...

Hahaha. Funny! I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I don't know what I'm more excited about, Zander's progress, or getting to see before and after pics!

Try not to develop a primer addiction, okay? You've got enough to deal with!

Heather said...

That's so great about dinner! Isn't it amazing how these break throughs come to be?! Yay!

Jennifer said...

That is great news about his playing with his dinner! Great start!

Amanda said...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Great news about dinner!


That is one of the perks about home improvement, I guess. =)